Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook Entry #1!

I recently came across this delightful little meme on one of my favorite sites, and thought it would be fun if I began posting it regularly on here. Hope you enjoy! :) Today is… Wednesday, January 28th, 2009


Outside my window… is a cute little bird in a tree!



I am thinking… that I would like all of my readers to do this meme too, and leave me links to their answers! :)



I am thankful for… the amazing grace of my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ



I am wearing… a smokey blue top with a dark brown tiered skirt



I am reading…far too many books all at once yet again. lol :) Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Beloved Bride: The Letters of Stonewall Jackson to His Wife by Bill Potter, God and Government Vol. 3 by Gary DeMar, The Courtship of Sarah McLean(for a second time! :)) by Mr. and Mrs. Stephen B. Castleberry, Marriage to a Difficult Man: The Uncommon Union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards(GREAT book so far!) by Elisabeth Dodds, Systematic Theology by Robert Duncan Culver(I'm studying this with Daddy), etc.



I am creating… with the Lord's guidance, my blog's 2009 Mission Statement



One of my favorite things… old-fashioned movies



For education this week… consumer math, theology, history/government, creative writing/spelling, chemistry



A keeper at home skill I am using/learning… meal planning and preparation



A spiritual lesson I’m learning… the importance of praying each day(multiple times a day!) that the Lord would be glorified in me.



A godly character trait I plan to work on… having a meek and quiet spirit; I tend to be too loud and boisterous, which is wrong, and so I'm therefore seeking to honor the Lord with my demeanor



Scripture I am memorizing… Long ago, I memorized the first half of Proverbs 31:10-31. Now I'm going back and memorizing it all together-something which I should have done awhile back!



I am praying for… Various family and church requests, and that the Lord would make me into true salt and light in this dark, lost world



For the rest of the week… I plan to write a lot for this blog, Lord willing! :)



A picture I’d like to share… is this :



I thought this photo was simply precious and delightful beyond words! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that was so neat! I enjoyed reading what you said, and found that many of the things you said applied to me as well. I am looking forward to more posts!!
    In Christ,
    ~Hannah~
    (a.k.a. Your beloved sister, Jo March...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned that one of your favorite things is old-fashioned movies. Would you mind posting the titles of some of your favorite films? Our family watches one movie ever week on "movie night" but we have run out of good films to watch. Maybe you've seen one that we haven't heard about . . .

    I am so glad you are feeling better. I noticed that some posts ago you mentioned that you suspected carpal tunnel. I'm glad it's not that!

    May you have a wonderful week,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating in this!
    I enjoyed reading daybook!
    I'm excited to see your future '2009 Mission Statement'.
    I really enjoyed visiting your blog.
    It's very encouraging to see another young lady with a heart to encourage others to be modest, keepers at home, and giving other encouragment.
    I was glad to stop by and visit!
    I was wondering, would you be willing to link back to my site during your daybook posts? I'd love to have others join, too. ;o)
    Thank you and I'm glad you're participating! I look forward to reading future daybooks.
    Have a great weekend!
    ~Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.