Monday, April 20, 2009

A Young Maiden's DayBook Entry #9!

Click here for lots of DayBook fun!! :)

Today is… Monday, April 20th, 2009


Outside my window... is a new bird bath that we are just dying for cute little birds to come visit!! :)



I am wearing.... a coral and tan top with a brown peasant style, tiered skirt.



I am reading… many books at once, of course. ;) They include: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Beloved Bride: The Letters of Stonewall Jackson to His Wife by Bill Potter, Marriage to a Difficult Man: The Uncommon Union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards by Elisabeth Dodds(I've actually taken a short break on these three books, as I've been so busy with school reading lately!), How to Dethrone the Imperial Judiciary by Dr. Edwin Vieira (available through Vision Forum), The Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1-23 by John Piper(this is one deep book!), How to Be a Lady: Useful Hints on the Formation of Character by Harvey Newcomb(this book is from 1850!), Systematic Theology by Robert Duncan Culver(I'm studying this with Daddy, but we've taken a break),etc. Daddy is currently reading to us The Genesis Record by the late Dr. Henry Morris, founder of ICR; Spurgeon: A New Biography by Arnold Dallimore(he reads this to us on Tuesday nights; this is the really great book that the men and sons of our church are currently discussing at their Wednesday night meetings) and Scetches from Church History: An Illustrated Account of 20 Centuries of Christ's Power by S.M. Houghton(available through the Banner of Truth Trust). Daddy reads this to us on Saturday evenings, in preparation for the discussion on it during our Sunday meeting with the Church. As for what books I'm reading in the Bible: Romans, Genesis and Proverbs(among other various individual passages).



I am creating… this blog post! :)



One of my favorite things…. gardens and farm land! (but I guess that's actually 2 things! ;))



For education this week… government/history, theology, writing and literature, consumer math, Apologia chemistry, valuable homemaking and motherhood skills, growing in the grace and knowledge of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.



A keeper at home skill I am using/learning... getting things for free at the store by using coupons along with sales ads! ;) This will definitely come in handy when I (Lord willing) am the mother of many precious blessings!



A spiritual lesson I’m learning… pride is so disgusting! I'm so tired of the pride I find creeping up in me all the time. What's worse is that I have no reason for which to be prideful! I'm just a wretch that my merciful Savior choose to redeem.



A godly character trait I plan to work on… humility!!



Scripture I am memorizing… Daddy is having us dedicate this week, as well, to reviewing our first 14 verses.



I am praying for… Various family and church requests, prayer for God's guidance as to how this blog will be arranged and led this year, His guidance as to some writing projects that I feel He has laid on my heart-I pray that He would truly reveal His will to me. Health and strength for two ladies who will be giving birth soon. Prayer for this nation!

For the rest of the week… I plan to be writing for this blog, Lord willing. I have school, will(Lord willing) be responding to the numerous blog comments and e-mails that I haven't been able to answer yet, will be busy caring for my family, deepening my relationship with the Lord, furthering my education, a doctor appointment with an orthopedic surgeon(it's next Monday, but is in the morning, so will be over by the time I'm able to do that week's daybook entry. Therefore, I though I would mention it now!), etc.

A picture I’d like to share… is this:

On November 30th of last year, Gov. Mike Huckabee and his wife Janet came to one of our local bookstores for a book signing. Here we are with Janet Huckabee (photograph taken by Daddy).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.