Friday, October 9, 2009

Exciting Updates on the Stay-at-home Daughterhood Article Series!

Hello, ladies! I hope this day has been a great one for all of you so far.



As I promised yesterday, today I'll be sharing with you some exciting updates about my current article series. So, without further ado, here goes! :)

I mentioned in the introduction to the series that I'll be posting, near the end of this project, several interviews with young women dedicated to stay-at-home daughterhood. Well, my dear friend Jasmine Baucham has already excitedly agreed to provide us with an interview and a glimpse into her life! Also, Blair and Claudia Brown and their sister Kelly Bradrick are excited about this project and may very well allow me to interview them, as well, if time allows, which I really appreciate! We may also be able to enjoy an interview with my friend Miss Jocelyn Dixon of A Pondering Heart and Feelin' Feminine. I'm currently working on lining up further interviews, as well. This is a really exciting time, so please pray that the Lord would direct this whole interview process.

There is something else I've been wanting to announce to you, and I thought today would be a good time. At the very end of this series, I will be hosting numerous giveaways of God-honoring books, CDs, and DVDs which will encourage and edify you young ladies as you embark on your journey to Biblical womanhood. So, be sure to tell others about those, as well!

Before I close, I want to give all glory and praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the work He has conducted in my heart and life and for the grace, strength and encouragement He has provided me with through the first weeks of this series. I grew up disliking writing very much. During the past 2 years, however, the Lord has changed my heart and given me an exciting passion for ministry to girls and young ladies through the venue of the printed word. I'm so thankful, in awe of my Lord, and excited to see what He has planned for the future of this ministry.

Also, I want to publicly thank my dear, wonderful mother and father. Mama has served as editor during this project, and I'm thankful that she will continue on in this work throughout the remainder of this series. She is a very talented editor, and is always quick to pick up on any spelling and grammar errors there may be in my articles. She also helps so much with providing me with ideas to help various parts of the articles flow better. She's amazing, and I'm so thankful for her help. This series would be impossible were it not for her. I'm also so thankful for Daddy's help, input, great points and oversight. He also has edited the articles so far here and there, and I'm excited about working with Mama and Daddy further throughout the course of this project.

I hope you ladies (and any gents that may be here) have a wonderful weekend and blessed Lord's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I am really looking forward to reading the rest of your posts! It's so encouraging to find young ladies with the same desires and vision! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound wonderful! I'm looking forward to it!

    ~A Sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind encouragement, ladies! What a blessing it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.