Monday, March 9, 2009

A Young Maiden's DayBook Entry #6!

Please join the fun by clicking here!! Today is… Monday, March 9th, 2009


Outside my window…the sun is shining brightly-it's actually 83 degrees outside right now!!


I am thinking…about what a glorious day it is, and how delightful it is when the windows are open(as they are now!). :)


I am wearing...a blue shirt, white cami and brown tiered peasant-style skirt.


I am reading… many books at once, of course. ;) They include: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Beloved Bride: The Letters of Stonewall Jackson to His Wife by Bill Potter, Marriage to a Difficult Man: The Uncommon Union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards by Elisabeth Dodds(I've actually taken a short break on these three books, as I've been so busy with school reading lately!), God and Government Vol. 3: The Restoration of the Republic by Gary DeMar, Handmaidens of the Lord (for the second time; this is an OUTSTANDING booklet on stay-at-home daughterhood) by Crystal Paine, Journey of the Heart: The Story of Janet McLean(for the second time!) by Miss Jeannie Castleberry(book 4 in the outstanding Castleberry courtship series)Systematic Theology by Robert Duncan Culver(I'm studying this with Daddy),etc. Daddy is currently reading to us The Genesis Record by the late Dr. Henry Morris, founder of ICR(he reads this to us each night, and we are so often amazed by Mr. Morris' knowledge-and we've only read 2 chapters so far! :)), Spurgeon: A New Biography by Arnold Dallimore(he reads this to us on Tuesday nights; this is the book that the men and sons of our church are currently discussing at their Wednesday night meetings) and Scetches from Church History: An Illustrated Account of 20 Centuries of Christ's Power by S.M. Houghton(available through the Banner of Truth Trust). Daddy reads this to us on Saturday evenings, in preparation for the discussion on it during our Sunday meeting with the Church. We've only read 4 chapters of it so far, but are already blown away by the glory of Christ! As for what books I'm reading in the Bible: 2nd Corinthians, Psalms, Genesis and Proverbs(among other various individual passages).


I am creating… this blog post! :)


One of my favorite things….our Friday night family parties! :) On Fridays, we enjoy popcorn, a movie(or TV show that we can all enjoy), ice cream and games. Then, Andrew and I get out our sleeping bags and sleep on the living room floor while Mama and Daddy sleep on our fold out couch/bed.


For education this week… government/history, theology, writing and literature, consumer math, Apologia chemistry, valuable homemaking and motherhood skills, growing in the grace and knowledge of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


A keeper at home skill I am using/learning...making new dishes from brand new recipes I've discovered! I enjoy this immensely!


A spiritual lesson I’m learning…Christians must be selfless!


A godly character trait I plan to work on…Selflessness!!


Scripture I am memorizing… This week Daddy is leading us in memorizing John 15:7 and Philippians 4:6-7(KJV). We have now memorized 6 new verses together(2 per week for the last 3 weeks) and are working on our 7th and 8th! :)


I am praying for… Various family and church requests, prayer for God's guidance as to how this blog will be arranged and led this year, His guidance as to some projects that I feel He has laid on my heart-I pray that He would truly reveal His will to me.


For the rest of the week… I plan to be writing for this blog, Lord willing. I have school, will(Lord willing) be responding to the numerous blog comments and e-mails that I haven't been able to answer yet, will be busy caring for my family, and will happily attend a baby shower Saturday for a lady in our church(we have 3 ladies currently expecting and we're SO excited!! We older girls already have what we like to call the "itching arm syndrome"! This means that we cannot wait to hold those precious little blessings.) In fact, one of the ladies from our church will probably be having her baby sometime this week!


A picture I’d like to share… is this:

This is a brand new tea cozy by Co-z-t Treasures, entitled English Garden. Please click here for more information about my tea cozies that are available now(and about my brand new home business, Co-z-t Treasures!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.