- Do you believe that your husband is to be the loving head of the home and that it's your Biblical responsibility to joyfully submit to him? Then the man you marry should feel the same way!
- Do you want many children and do you view them as rich blessings from the Lord? Then pray for the Lord to send you someone who feels the same way.
- If you're very unfeministic, and deeply love the difference of roles that God has set aside for women and those He set aside for men, then be sure to marry a man who feels the same way!
- If you believe in the Docrines of Grace, then you need to be sure to marry someone who believes in and loves those as well!
- It's important that your views on doctrinal issues(i.e. baptism, the Trinity, etc.) are the same.
This list could go on further, but you get the idea. The really important issues and convictions need to match, or else you'll end up in a marriage that is less than pleasant! If your doctrinal beliefs and convictions don't match, then you will be living in sheer torture when you have children and you and your husband are arguing over how you're going to raise them. Little things such as likes and dislikes, hobbies, favorite foods, etc. are unimportant-those can be as different as you please and not cause a problem. But the really important issues have to match if you're truly going to be equally yoked together with your future spouse.
I know exactly what some of you young ladies are thinking right now. :) You're thinking: "I feel that I'm an oddball in society already due to my counter-cultural convictions and way of life. How could I ever hope to marry such a wonderful guy who would believe as I do in all these areas?" Dear sisters, take heart! With God, all things are indeed possible!! Don't ever forget that! The Lord knows that your heart aches for a future husband that will share your beliefs and convictions. He knows you desire wholeheartedly to be truly yoked together equally with your future spouse-He desires the exact same thing for you! Therefore, pray daily for that future husband. Pray that the Lord will send you (at the right time!) a young man who has a heart for Him, who shares your same convictions, beliefs, and way of life. There are young men like that out there! I've met some of them myself. They sadly aren't the norm these days, but they do exist! Pray that the Lord will work in the heart of your future spouse, to refine him and make him into a true man after God's own heart. Psalm 34:4-5 says "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." Take heart, ladies! The Lord chose before the foundation of the earth who it was that you would marry! He has it all planned out. Rest in that comforting knowledge and trust only in Him. Never ever lower your high standards, but always wait for that special young man that the Lord already chose for you-that young man that you will be helpmeet to, who will lead you, protect you, provide for you, guide you, and cherish you. He really does exist, and he really is out there. So, wait for him!