Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday's Devotional

A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

~Proverbs 16:9 (NKJV)

I love this verse! It's so comforting and encouraging! We may think that we have our whole lives planned out for ourselves. But that isn't the case! The Lord has planned out the events of our lives-all the joys, sorrow, blessings, and disappointments were planned out before the foundation of the world. He is directing our steps in every area of our lives. He's leading us in the direction He wants us to go. The events of our lives are not planned by us! Rather, they're planned out and directed by our all-wise, all-knowing, all-powerful God Almighty. What immense and blessed comfort there is to be found in that knowledge!

If at any time you find yourself apprehensive and worried about the future and what it holds, I encourage you to simply meditate on this beautiful verse. Know that the Lord is in complete control over what happens in your life. He planned all of your days and what they would contain before a single one of them came to be. His plan for your life is far, far better than anything you could every think about or ask for, or anything you could dream up yourself. Simply trust in that knowledge, and thank the Lord that He's so trustworthy, and that He has planned for you such a wonderful life!

6 comments:

  1. This is so true! Many times we do plan our ways, thinking we know for sure what will happen, when in reality, we don't! It hits us by surprise when something then goes wrong, or not the way we planned. It's so much better to put our trust in God, who completely knows what's best! Thank you for this encouragement Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah, your wisdom astounds me at your young age! (not that you are extraordinarily young or anything, you are just wise far beyond your years). You are such an encouragement to me and I pray that the Lord continues to use your sweet spirit in the days ahead!

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! It is always a joy to hear from you! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This verse has always encouraged me. God truly has the future in His hands - we just need to continue trusting Him to guide our steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right, Allison! :) Thank you for your encouraging comment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi, Leah! I'm so happy to see you back on my blog! Aw, you're so kind. :) The comments you leave are always such blessings to read. Thank you for your kindness, dear sister!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi, Anna!! I couldn't agree more. Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great devotional Rebekah!
    it's so comforting to know that He has a plan for us, a plan that's better than we could ever ever think of.

    Blessings,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love visiting your blog, Rebekah! I am sorry I was away for so long. It has just been CRAZY busy at my college! Hope that you are enjoying your week and that you had a pleasant and restful Lord's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.