Friday, December 28, 2007

Question and Answer Week: Responses Part 4

I received the following questions from my new friend Jade, who I met here in blogland. :)

Thanks so much for your new questions, Jade! I was excited to see that you had sent me more. If you ever have anymore, please don't hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to answer them!

What's your favorite book in the Bible?

Wow! It's way too hard to pick just one, so I will list my top favorites! :) I really love the book of Psalms. It's so comforting and beautiful. Acts is another very favorite. The apostles' boldness and their commands to be bold(in teaching the Word) really challenge me. Also, Proverbs is always challenging me to live in a more godly way(and that book contains the guideline for womanhood that I so desire to live out). I also like the book of Ruth; I just think it's so beautiful. I also like any passages that have to do with womanhood, femininity and daughterhood.

Do you like to wear skirts?

Yes, I do!! I think it's fun. :) My favorite types of skirts are full, flowy ones! To be honest, for the past few months, I've begun wearing just skirts, dresses and jumpers from day to day. My father definitely didn't force me to, but he did make it known that he loved it when I looked like a distinctly feminine lady. So, I dress this way to please him. Also, I just happen to love dressing this way, because I love anything old-fashioned(and back then that's all women wore). Also, I see it as a way to renounce feminism, at least to some extent, because when radical feminism came to our country in the 1960s, that's when women began wearing jeans, pants, trousers, etc. Also, I just think that God wants us females to embrace our femininity and desire to look as distinctly feminine as possible; I see my dressing this way to be an outward showing that I love my roles that I've been given by God as a female. When I read Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin's book, So Much More, I was really convicted when I read the chapter about femininity and they mentioned how our clothing should be distinctly feminine and shouldn't be blurry(in other words, shouldn't be looking so much like men's that we almost can't tell the difference). However, after having said all that, please don't think that I in any way look down upon females who do wear pants. :)

What do you think about make-up? Do you wear it?

I don't see anything wrong with wearing makeup. As long as you don't go overboard, and make your face immodest! :) I think it's wrong to wear so much that you bring a lot of attention to yourself. Plus, when wearing makeup, the "natural look" is a lot prettier and more attractive than wearing a whole bunch of makeup! I don't happen to wear any, mainly because my face is so sensitive and would break out if I had foundation, etc. on it. However, I have thought lately about maybe wearing some eye shadow. I'll have to talk to my parents, though, before I start doing that. :) I adore lip gloss, though, and wear it all the time(not an over abundance though ;))!

What kind of books do you like to read?
My favorite are character building books and books on Biblical femininity, Biblical womanhood and Biblical daughterhood. I also adore Christian fiction. One of my very favorite series is the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke. Her books are so good! My favorite thing to do is read!

5 comments:

  1. I love wearing skirts also Rebekah, and tend to wear them more than pants. In the summer, then tend to be cooler than capris anyway!

    I also like to read wholesome books--books that encourage and inspire! I have WAY to many books I'd like to read, but don't have time to yet! The Lamplighter books are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have sensitive skin too. That sounds terrible, but I thought I was the only one who did. That is why I do not wear makeup, though like you, I love lip gloss.

    Which do you like better...the Loves Comes Softly movies or books? And what did you think of Love's Unending Legacy?

    Blessings,
    Ella
    www.howgreatishisfaithfulness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin too, is very sensitive, and it gets so much more worse when the weather changes! I also love lip gloss.

    Oh! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only book worm here!! My head is constantly stuck in some book, whether it's Elsie Dinsmore, Love Comes Softly series, any Lamplighter book etc. Books are so wonderful! :)
    ~hannah~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second you ladies about makeup. It is just too much trouble at this time in my life.

    One thought about skirts - it is very hard, if not impossible, for me to play the guitar in a skirt modestly. It's not safe unless the skirt is really long. Even then, it is still harder to balance the guitar on my knees than if I were wearing pants.
    When I do wear pants, I like to wear a long shirt that softens my hips, if I can, and a hair ribbon or something else pretty, and I still feminine.

    But Rebekah, skirts are lovely, feminine garments, and I also love the poetic, graceful feel of them. It sounds like you are happy with your choice and expressing what God made you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I still /feel/ feminine." In case you were wondering what I meant. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.