Friday, September 21, 2007

Devotional #4

I'm doing something a little different today. Instead of using a verse, I'm going to have the lyrics to one of my favorite songs be the basis for today's devotional.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom(REPEAT)

Wow! Doesn't that song just leave you speechles?

All too often we go throughout our busy days, not even really giving a thought to what Christ did for us on the cross. This should not be, dear sisters! If it weren't for Him and what He chose to do for us, we would still be lost and headed for Hell. Which is what we all deserve. But through His grace and mercy, He chose to send His only Son into the world to die so that we might have life. But we rarely give this a thought! And, if we do, we don't truly dwell on just how much suffering, pain and despair He went through for us! We should daily meditate on this fact, and be sobered and oh so thankful that He did what He did!! Go to the Lord daily and thank Him for giving you the gift of eternal life. Without which, we would be without hope.

As Christians whom the Lord went through agony to save, it is our duty to live our lives to the complete glory of Him. Romans 12:1(NKJV) says, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. In 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV) we read, "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." We were bought a a price! And a very high price at that! Therefore we have no right whatsoever so seek our own comfort, pleasure, etc. but rather we are to step out of our comfort zone daily for the Lord and His glory. That includes stepping out of your comfort zone in order to witness to someone, but you also must step out of your comfort zone often if you are to truly stand up for what you believe regarding biblical womanhood, patriarchy, and femininity! We live in a savagely humanistic and feministic culture, and so it takes guts and boldness and the stepping out of ones comfort zone in order to stand up for what the Bible so clearly teaches on these subjects. One of my favorite verses, Joshua 1:9 says this, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." What blessed assurance!

So, throughout your busy day, meditate on the words of this beautiful song, and looks for ways in which you can praise and glorify the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, who died so that you might spend eternity with Him.

God bless you all!

*to listen to this beautiful song, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.