Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Encouragement from Mr. Spurgeon

The following are beautiful poems found in Mr. Spurgeon's Morning By Morning. I pray that the Lord uses them to be an encouragement to you!

"There is only One who knows
All the answers to my woes;
He will all my needs supply
When in faith to Him I cry"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Trials make the promise sweet;
Trials give new life to prayer;
Trails bring me to His feet.
Lay me low, and keep me there."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sole possession is Thy love;
In earth beneath, or heaven above,
I have no other store;
And though with fervent suit I pray,
And importune Thee day by day,
I ask Thee nothing more."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please come back often. Thank you for your comment as well; your input is always most welcome! Even if you disagree with something, I encourage you to leave a comment; I just ask that you do so in a loving and Christ-like manner.

God bless you!

~Rebekah S.